Saturday, June 1, 2024

International Feast 2024

One of the purposes of the country essay writing was for each child to learn about their place of origin, and to become aware of the beauty of the various cultures and people that God has created in such an intentional way.

Another purpose was for the children to become more aware of the need for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be spread amongst the nations of the world. 

My prayer is that our kids will one day become missionaries to these countries!








One of the ways to enjoy a culture is through their foods!

I was afraid that we would not have enough food, but was I wrong!! You parents went all out and brought PLENTY of food for all of us to enjoy. 

Thank you for the time that you spent in research for recipes, staying up late to cook or getting up super early in the morning to prepare, or spending a lot of money ordering food from various restaurants. I know that this was a lot to ask, but the entire school appreciated what you did!










The dessert table was fantastic! My only regret is that I did not take pictures of every dish!! I made that mistake last year, and I did it again this year...I was too busy hosting!


Thank you to all the parents who stayed to serve the food! I really appreciated your help.



The teachers and staff could not stop talking about how delicious everything was! I kept getting compliments for days about how wonderful the feast was, and how impressed they were of the variety and quality of the food.





My daughter and husband were able to come and enjoy the feast with us, so that was very special!


We all agreed that this was the best Social Studies lesson of the year😋!!




In the afternoon, the kids got to have Kona Ice as a reward for passing their AR goal for trimester 3. ALL of our kids passed, so everyone got to enjoy it together!










This was a pretty awesome day! Happy tummies, happy kids!






No comments:

Post a Comment