Wednesday, March 16, 2016

How to Make the BEST Ice Cream Sundae!

It's no secret that Mrs. Johnston loves food of all kinds. So is it a surprise that one of our writing assignments was all about How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae?!

The students did a terrific job in writing their explanatory essays. They were also motivated because they knew what was coming at the end of the week...

...they got to put their writing into practice by building an actual Ice Cream Sundae all by themselves!



Yes, it was quite a happy day for all of us.

The best part was that IMPACT paid for it all since we won the fundraiser at The Melt!! The kids even got to put in a request for their own personal candy mix-ins (yes, I purchased 19 candies at the Dollar Tree! Um, who am I kidding...I purchased 20. One for myself...maybe that's why I had to go to the dentist).







Before I could stop Matthew, he had poured his entire bag of M&M's in his Sundae. Not feeling too good, buddy??















I was trying to catch Bryley when she was staying still, but that girl is in constant motion, even with her cast! That did not slow her down one bit :)








Language Arts can be SO delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment